The Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association of South Florida (GALLA) is a voluntary professional association for lawyers, law students, paralegals and other members of the legal profession providing a visible community presence within the South Florida legal community.
The purposes of GALLA are:
- to promote human rights;
- to provide opportunities for lawyers, judges and law students to meet in a professional setting;
- to encourage the appointment of members of GALLA to the judiciary;
- to provide a forum for members of GALLA in the legal community to exchange ideas and information of mutual concern;
- to promote the spirit of unity among attorneys who are members of GALLA;
- to promote the hiring and advancement of members of GALLA to public agencies and commissions;
- to discuss and take action on questions of law in the administration of justice that affect the gay and lesbian community;
- to promote the creation of coalitions with other legal organizations; to promote and stimulate the practice and professional expertise of lawyers who are members of GALLA;
- to promote sensitivity to legal issues particularly faced by members of the gay and lesbian community;
- to demonstrate the presence of members of GALLA in the law;
- to facilitate and improve the administration of justice;
- to promote legislative and administrative reforms for the purpose of eliminating discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender expression, and;
- to assure fair and just treatment of members of the gay and lesbian community under the law.